Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Archeological Museum, Corfu

If any of you are in Corfu I recomment visting their archeological museum, it is full of really interesting Greek pottery, coins from all over the Greek Empire, sculpture and pieces of architexture. The pottery was very beautiful and very delicate and I find it amazing how skilled the people were at making things all thoughs years ago even though the had limited resources.




I like the intricate detail of the pots and the skill and effort that went into making them. I can truely appreciate the craftsmanship of the work and its uniqueness. Sometimes I feel that with the modernity of technology and repoduction  that skills today are no longer appreciated and it is nice to see work invovling such skill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment