Saturday 30 March 2013

Emma, Lady Hamilton

It's been a while since I uploaded any of my photography work, don't know why, guess I just forgot about it. Well I have remembered it now. This is another of my recreations of a portrait of Emma, Lady Hamilton, painted by George Romney. I didn't know much about Lady Hamilton when I decided to do the recreation but I have just discovered she was the mistress of Horatio Nelson, who knew, right. Clearly not me. Granted they are not that accurate but I got carried away with how beautiful Georgina looked I just started doing my own thing instead.




1 comment:

  1. Nice work, and she definately is reminiscent of Lady Hamilton. Have you read about Lady Hamilton's mimeoplastic work ??? This lovely young model would be a good candidate to try to recreate some of that work on film rather than paint.

    Interesting lighting choice on the fourth one... not quite stark lighting, but definitely a bolder lighting choice. I didn't like it wehn I first saw it, but the more I see it the more I like it.

    ReplyDelete